Tuesday, October 30, 2012

One week later...


Remember that tree I showed you in this post?

Well, when Little Man and I went back ONE WEEK LATER...this is what we saw.



I mean seriously...how could 7 days make such a drastic change?


WOW how grateful I am for taking the time to spend that afternoon being still and taking the time to notice all around me. 

I mean who would have thought just ONE WEEK LATER the yellow leaves would have been gone?


Speaking of time, can you believe this month is almost over? How did this month's challenge go? 

Was it difficult? 
How did taking a few minutes each day to be still change the rest of the day or your perspective?

CONFESSION:
I admit there were easier days than others. Some day I could only acknowledge the need to be present and would quickly turn my alarm off as if it never happened. Some days I would close my eyes and take the full two minutes if not more to be still... sometimes almost falling asleep. ;)

It is amazing how resistant we are as human beings. At times, I would find myself in the middle of a hurry and the soothing sounds of the bells on my phone would go off and I would roll my eyes and think, "Great- last thing I need right now is to take the time to spend two minutes and just be still!"

BUT


If you didn't dare do the challenge or found it impossible to do it everyday...don't beat yourself up. The monthly challenges are not for 100% changes... they are about celebrating the percentages. If you were only able to do it 2% of the time... Props to you!!  That is change.

If you don't know what the heck I am talking about and/or haven't tried the challenge this month...STOP RIGHT there and take 30 seconds and just close your eyes and breathe.

There. You did it.

Oh it's 3:03pm...my alarm is going off...Little Man is asleep still and I think I just may close my eyes and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Besitos, 
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment