Monday, November 5, 2012

November 2012's Challenge: Give Thanks Daily


This month I have been working on teaching Little Man what gratitude means. Every night after we say our prayers we go around the room and say what we are grateful for. Every night he looks up at me and says, "I am grateful for you mom." It melts my heart. 

 I promise I don't do that every night just to hear him say that- although I love it when he does. :)

I am not totally sure if he gets the concept of gratitude but I know he is well on his way and I am planting the seed by doing it daily. The best way to teach our children about gratitude is to have a heart of gratitude ourselves.

So, your challenge is to:


Last month I asked you to take the time and be still on a daily basis. This month, you will set your alarm on your phone just like last month, and when it goes off- stop whatever you are doing and for 30 seconds or so list in your mind (or on paper) all the things you are grateful for right there and then at that moment. 

It will fill your heart with love and charity as we get into the holiday season.

I will be sharing a million ideas I have thought of on how to teach your children about gratitude and I would love to hear your ideas as well!

But for now- go make that list!

besitos
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment