Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Naptime confession: I fight a bully.


A few years ago, I was walking down the street in New York City and came upon this...one of my favorite all time images.


"We can do it." 
I constantly remind myself of this. 

Like the time I ran a marathon with little to no training. I had never ran more than 5 miles prior to running that day. I told myself...I can do it.

Like the time I pulled all-nighters after all-nighters studying for my licenser exam... and passed!  I can do it.

 Like the time I gave birth. Twice. Enough said. I can do it.

Like the time I pulled myself out of bed to feed my newborn with 104 degree temperature and the flu. I can do it. 

Like the time I carried both kids and a bag of groceries through the front door while I was consoling a friend on the phone. I can do it.

Like the time I managed to complete all the laundry in one day- folded and put away. I can do it.

Like the time I spoke at a seminar in front of hundreds of people. I can do it.

Like the times I got out of bed even when I wanted to pull the covers over my head and go back to sleep. I can do it.

I am not going to say I don't have moments where that bully voice in my head gets the best of me and I wonder what in the world am I thinking... why even bother... might as well give up.  

Oh yah bully... 

I push up my sleeves, put my game face on, and flex my muscles. 

Oh. Yes. I. Can. Do. It.
Watch me.

I refuse to listen to that inner bully.

And so should you.

Besitos, xo


1 comment: