Thursday, April 19, 2012

4 days in.

Day 4 into my raw food cleanse.



I always wondered what it would be like to be a vegetarian... now I know what it's like to be a vegan...
bitter sweet.

I only say that because although I am feeling amazing and starting to have a new found appreciation for veggies- I can smell the smell of a neighbor barbecuing something on the grill... mmmmm...what I would give to sink my teeth into a home made hamburger right now...with extra pickles and cheese- oh wait I am getting side tracked.

Focus Cristi Focus.

Anyhow, it has been 4 days of a 28 day cleanse- eating nothing but raw fruits, veggies, and nuts. Most people who hear we are doing this think we are crazy and say "I could never do that."- My answer to them is yes you could. Especially if you know how awesome you feel while doing it.



Things I have learned in the last four days.

-It's amazing how much our kids follow us. Little man is being weaned of his chocolate milk and enjoying natural fruit juice. He even is asking for fruit for lunch!

-I have a habit of mindlessly reaching into a bag and popping snacks in my mouth.

-Pinterest will make you hungry.

 -Cooking food for someone else is rough while detoxing...I may have licked my fingers a few times...may have.

-I love bread and sharp cheese. 

-Organic fruits and veggies are where it is at- and are actually delicious. Veggies are now my friend.

-Having the support of the Mister makes all the difference in the world! He even turned down a warm Arby sandwich that someone brought into work on the first day of the cleanse...I think I would have caved right there!

-Juicing is fun. We like to play this game of guessing what fruits and veggies are in the concoction we make each other. It surprising what you can sneak in there.

-Being hungry makes me moody- no wait I already knew that. But seriously day three was the hardest day by far...

Here is to 24 more days of this.


besitos
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing. By week 3, it won't even phase you. Your husband rocks too. Tell him that for me. AND remember to call me before you reach for that Snickers! ;)

    ReplyDelete