Saturday, June 1, 2013

Silence, Bath, Art, and Oreos: My Kind of Therapy.

The moment came. 
The moment I have been waiting for.
Fathers and Sons Campout!

After packing some sandwiches and kissing my boys good bye, I shut the door and soaked in the silence.

{Sigh} It felt good.

Now, what to do with myself...

My first reaction was to get to work- clean,  laundry, organize, errands, edit photos- imagine all the things I could accomplish!

WHOA THERE... 
I had a second thought... 
...and I made a mad dash to the tub. 
 I couldn't remember the last time I soaked in a bath- let alone had complete silence!

After a blissful soak, I opened the pantry, grabbed my mint oreo stash and some milk and listened to the silence. 

{Sigh} What better moment than to crack open that new Art Journal I have neglected.
 My theme: "Because the common or mundane daily moments and interactions might seem inconsequential-(but) are perhaps among the most critical and influential in character development and nurturing of family relationships"
I wanted to start the inside of this journal with something really simple and something I truly believe in. This journal will be filled with the mundane daily moments that are truly the most important things in my life.
 My little sister Bee sent me a card in the mail a few weeks ago -just because- with this photo of little man playing with him in the snow. I am so blessed to have a sister like her. Love you sis!
 I saw this phrase in a magazine and smiled- I had to add it to my writing page:

"Mom danced with me."

Often times, it is easy to wonder if the mundane and small things we do every day for our children really matter. Little Man and I had one of our dance session in the kitchen that day... and while we were dancing and giggling, I hoped that he would remember these moments forever.

My night ended with a chick flick and my snoogle pillow.
The dishes were left undone, the laundry sat in the dryer, and my to do list was ignored.

It was a good night. 

I must admit that after writing in my art journal- I missed my little man and the mister like crazy.
I can't wait to see them.

xo, besitos

No comments:

Post a Comment