Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Weed & Wish Wednesday

I heart HOT Breakfasts. I have been wanting to make more hot breakfasts for my family...the only problem is... it requires waking up a tad too early for this not-so-morning mama... but today I thought I would start giving it a whirl. German Pancakes for little toddlers are a great way for them to practice using a fork because it easy (and its a good way to get some protein too) ...and it's buttery delicious.

Only thing is I made the first batch with rancid expired milk... gross.


Weed of the day: 
Making a batch of German Pancakes to find out that I made it with rotten milk and had to quickly whip up a new batch with a  grumpy hungry toddler in my arms.
expired.

new batch and old batch.

Wish of the day: 
Seeing this kid smile when he took a bite...Totally worth it. 




Super Easy Recipe for German Pancakes I used this morning:

  • 6 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
  • Place the eggs, milk, flour and salt in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Pour the butter into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish; add the batter. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes.


xoxo,



1 comment:

  1. Ahh, he looks so grown up in these photo's- I almost can't believe that that's him. He loves his food just like his auntie. :)

    ReplyDelete