Thursday, June 7, 2012

#1 chocolate chip cookie recipe. (letter #2)





Dear 30 year old self- (letter #4)
I know I just blogged a few days ago about how food is "just food"-  but I have to admit- that applies to every other food BUT cookies. 
I adore cookies... eating them, baking them, dipping them in milk- they are just delightful! 
I was once given the nick name "cookie monster" for loving cookies so much. I've been known to finish an entire batch all by myself- (that was back when my metabolism was amazing) but now a days, I like to allow myself one day of guilt free baking. Those days are usually Sundays...and I like to call them my "Sweet Sundays." Something about mixing the ingredients with a wooden spoon,  inhaling all the ingredients as they mix together is heaven on earth. Not to mention getting to lick the spoon afterwards. MMMM...I am making myself hungry. Anyhow I hope to continue to bake more cookies for years to come. 

Sinserly, Cookie Monster

I have found the most delightfully chewy chocolate chip recipe ever!! I found it here on pinterest and have been making these lovlies ever since. They are divine! 
Ingredients: 
3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened 
3/4 c. brown sugar 
1/4 c. granulated sugar 
1 egg 
2 tsp. vanilla extract 
2 c. all purpose flour 
2 tsp. cornstarch 
1 tsp. baking soda 
1/2 tsp. salt 
1 c. bittersweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2.  In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.

3.  Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chunks.

4.  Using a standard-sized cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet.  Bake for 8-10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges.  (The tops will not brown, but do NOT cook longer than ten minutes.)

5.  Let cool, on the sheet, on a wire rack for five minutes.  Remove from baking sheet and let cool completely.  Makes approximately 3 dozen.  Try not to eat them all.



besitos, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment