Thursday, January 24, 2013

Digital Art Journaling- a new thing for me.



For any of you digital scrapbookers- you will love this site.
My dear friend Steph has asked me to write a post on art journaling for the Daily Digi... and you know  I love art journaling...that is when I am using paints, gesso, and real photos!

 However, being a digital scrapbooking focused site- I thought I better venture into my unknown world of digital scrapbooking and "put myself out there." So, I wrote a piece entitled: "Therapy through Digital: Putting it all out There for You"- check it out!


I was a little nervous of how to do this...how do I incorperate my style for art journaling with the digital world if I don’t even know how to digitally scrapbook really? What if it is not good. What if these photoshop savvy ladies judge my page? Who am I to write a post on a digital scrapbooking blog? 

I figured it will stretch me a little bit. So, what the heck- go for it!

Here is my first attempt...still somewhat scrapbooky looking- but still I did it!




Second attempt:


In this one I began feeling more free- more experimental in layering and trying new things. It became like...well art journaling... and I got lost in the process!


Want to win $10 in Digital Scrapbook files from amazing designers?
Go here to read my post on my process and the steps to get started in art journaling- the theme for the assignment was gratitude.  If you do this, share a link in the comments under that post with a link to your art journal page by midnight ET 1/26/2013 and you will be eligible to be a winner that will win $10 in product from TWO contributors to The Digi Files this month (winner can choose which designers they would like products from). 

I have loved checking on what others have created so far- can’t wait to see what you come up with! 

Remember – there are NO RULES in art journaling!


Besitos, Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment