Saturday, May 11, 2013

Put your feet up...Happy Mother's Day.


I recently heard two women having a conversation about how they hate Mother's Day. It's not the first time I have heard that. 

Their reason- "mother's guilt." To them it was a day of feeling guilty for all the things they didn't feel like they measured up to.

I mean... really?

I know mom guilt can exist....but only if you let it be there. Let's stop comparing ourselves to others and be proud of the title we have been blessed with. 
 So instead of dreading the day... 

Put your feet up.

Let those who love and appreciate you- serve you.

You deserve it. 

Here is the sweetest little video that my sister-in-law Darlene did for this post on Howdoesshe.com! My belly just make a debut so be on the lookout. 
You can find more Darlene's work here.


Happy Mother's Day to all of you who make an impact on the life of children every day in some way, shape, or form.

The other day I saw an older man at a restaurant sit down and help a mother of  newborn twins feed a bottle to one of the babies. I over heard him telling her how amazing mothers were.

He is right. I wish every mom could just see that.

besitos, 
xo

1 comment: