Thursday, April 11, 2013

Imagination to distraction in a matter of seconds...


Sometimes I look at my Little Man and wish I could just bottle him up and keep him at this age. 


Unfortunately, this moment of playful imagination gets interrupted when he finds my phone.  

Lately, I have been reflecting on this generation my son is now a part of. Where so much information and innovation is just a swipe or click of a button. My son will never know of a world without flat-screens,  ipads, and iphones. He will never know of a life without the term "social media" or " ipad app."  

Isn't that just amazing? 

What type of adults will come from this generation? Our children are essentially the guinea pigs for whether or not there are lifelong effects- should I be worried?

I understand all the wonderful things technology brings...but can there be a negative affect that we won't realize until it's too late?

Do you know what I worry about the most... 
That this generation will have the inability to connect with people face to face. That they will have such a habit of being stimulated by an external device that they may loose their imaginations, their creativity, their ability to sit still and be fully present.  


What to do...what to do.

I am still continuing with this monthly Challenge to Disconnect because I still have it on the brain... More about this subject...

besitos, 
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment