This kid LOVES holidays
I love that he loves it.
His enthusiasm is refreshing and has really caused me to embrace the craziness that this time can bring.
Here are a few tips that I have found helpful:
1. GET FESTIVE- Crank up those holiday tunes and dance around the house decorating with the kids. Fill the home with holiday aromas such as cinnamon, gingerbread, and sugar cookies. MMMMM....I can smell it already! Sit down and wrap gifts in a mindful and loving way! (my love for wrapping gifts here)
2. AVOID OVER-SCHEDULING- It can be impossible to make it to each and every holiday party you are invited to. Pick and choose and map out the events for the next few weeks on your calendar. Cut out things that are unnecessary stressors- We opt not to do Christmas Cards and send Valentine's Cards instead. Best idea we ever had! (Last Year's Valentine card here)
3. MAKE TIME TO ENGAGE IN TRADITIONS- I can't stress enough the importance of personal and family traditions. Don't forget to make time to do those things you enjoy doing each and every year with loved ones. It has a positive everlasting affect on your children. (One of our traditions here)
4. SERVE SOMEONE IN NEED- Take advantage of opportunities to serve those who may need additional love and help this holiday season. It take the focus away from receiving gifts and create a heart of gratitude and bring joy into your life and the life of your family. (Last year's project here)
5. DON'T FORGET TO BREATHE- Take time to just have a breather. Get a pedicure, massage, or have some alone time to recharge. Remember that this time of the year should be filled with peace, joy, and excitement. Don't forget to breathe and ENJOY the moment! (What I like to do to Relax here)
Happy Holidays everyone!